Hello! Quite a nice day (ie I didn’t get rained on) so time to grab some tools and supplies and do something useful in the garden.
I chose this patch to be our broccoli patch. Because of the cabbage moth over the warmer months, I like to cover it with my veggie netting.
Step one in the Dodgy-Bros Building Co. Whack in some garden stakes…
We had some leftover polypipe from another job, so I cut 4 equal lengths out of it
This stuff is cheap and easy to manage
Get some wide headed screws –
And screw the polypipe into your garden stake
I put two in each stake so the pipe doesn’t have a chance to swing
Happily the netting I have fit well – in hindsight I should have checked that first, but all’s well that ends well!
I will need to get better clips for it (I will find something here for now but I know exactly what to get in Japan for this!!)
Anyway – time to get out the broccoli! This is the pot that Ruby grew. She has planted out hers and I won the rest!! I will return her digging fork and pot soon!
Milk containers for covers
Carefully separating the plants
A bit of chopping…
I am totally lazy about hardening off my hothouse seedlings. I normally just cover them up at night and on cold days with these types of containers. They also act as a pest barrier while the plant is still at its young and tender stage.
I planted 8 broccoli seedlings in here. I am still debating about squeezing in two more!
A few bricks were needed to help with securing the netting against the wind. Should all be in tact tomorrow!
Anyway, very pleased to get another garden job done! It was pretty quick and easy and the materials are inexpensive.
Grow little broccoli – grow!!